Re: Re: Glaucidium

> From: Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net>
> Behind the Glaucidium is Heuchera 'Amethyst Mist'.  The plant
coming up next
> to it is Deinanthe.
----------

Well, I'm jealous, but not as jealous as I used to be as I see that
my seedlings have emerged - these are 2 pots of same that germinated
last year and I just planted the entire pot out in a seedbed
outside...and for the first time, I'm seeing them the 2nd year!  I
have tried this plant from seed several times and never had them come
back the 2nd year:-) :-) :-)

I read they have to have a cold dormancy to break it and figured they
weren't getting that in the greenhouse; seems I may have been right.
Now, I only have to wait another 4 years or so for flowers:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Battling Bambi