From:  [mailto: gardenqueen@academicplanet.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 17:26:20 -0500
Subject: Re: Re: [CHAT] WEATHER!! Now tornados

Fact of life. Just like horrible winters up North and hurricanes on
the<br>Coasts. Becomes just part of the routine. I don't like 'em but
not<br>afraid of them either. They're fascinating to watch, provided
singer<br>Sent: 4/22/2004 3:37:55 PM<br>To:
gardenchat@hort.net<br>Subject: Re: [CHAT] WEATHER!! Now
tornados<br><br>> When I worked for the federal prison system, I went to
El Reno once <br>> about a week after a tornado had torn it apart. As a
California kid, I <br>> was horrified by what I saw. I'd lived through
earthquakes in <br>> California and a hurricane in Florida by then, but
I'd never seen such <br>> damage before. Really scary. Just the thought
of living there gave me <br>> the collywobbles. I don't know how you
Jesse Bell wrote:<br>> <br>> > Tornadoes - not in our town, but close
by. We lost a BIG Pin Oak in our<br>> > yard, hail, heavy rain and
winds. My iris were just beginning to bloom<br>> > and my bridal bouquet
spirea was heavy with flowers...now they look<br>> > pitiful. Another
storm is supposed to move in tonight. Only a true<br>> > gardener would
lay awake at night praying for your gardens to be<br>> > spared...but
you know, after waiting all winter long for some color and<br>> >
life...it just hurts to watch your plants and flowers be destroyed
> Support hort.net -- join the hort.net fund drive!<br>> >

hort.net -- join the hor

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com