RE: New botanic garden

Knoxville is developing a Botanical Garden...the original site was part of
a land grant...Howell's established a nursery in 1786 (date is correct)
which has been in operation to date...the oldest in the state.  The
Knoxville Botanical Garden is about to purchase the land together with an
adjoining Howell property which had also been a nursery...all total around
44 acres.  There are numerous old stacked stone walls, old green houses
with stack stone foundations all located on a small, sloping ridge.  It has
wonderful potential.  The non-profit organization hopes to have a director
selected by July.

Part of the property has been uncared for during the past three years and
is rather overgrown...this happens quickly in this area.  I spent one
afternoon this week weeding in concrete-hard soil...we also desperately
need rain.

Also, volunteered for the University of Tennessee Trial Gardens...I am
currently assigned to the herb garden section.   Spent another afternoon
weeding in cement...this was after the bed had been watered in the a.m.
Sent that rain in this direction!!!!

Bonnie Zone 6+ ETN