Re: Great day... I guess

Our garden club has a sale...two prices: small = $.50, large + $1.00. Almost all the plants are divisions from our gardens.
Cathy
On Saturday, April 17, 2004, at 07:12 PM, Donna wrote:

Not a MG sale but my group also did this special pricing on certain
plants. Drove me nuts while a cashier...(we rotate jobs).. much
preferred the look at the pot size and price!

My suggestion would be to mark (very easily recognized by either color
or paint on the pot) the pot so folks can easily spot them. With our
native plants, they are not flowering for the most part, so really got
to look at them!...which caused a major backup in line. We had 78
species this year and 7 of them did not fall into the mix of pricing...

Donna
Who will be seeing plugs, quarts, and gallon pots in her sleep tonight:(

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Daryl
Sent: Saturday, April 17, 2004 6:50 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Great day... I guess

A new roof? Ugh! I'm dreading the soon-to-be-needed replacement of
ours.
It
felt like being inside of a bass drum for a week when we had ours done
about
15 years ago. The clean-up crew was great, though.

Sore muscles for sure, but no sunburn. Found a new sunscreen that I
can
actually stand - Sun Dab from GardenWorks in Washington ( the state).

Spent yesterday getting plants groomed and ready for today's  Master
Gardener plant sale, today doing garden talks for a new retail
nursery.

We're having a major conflict with the MG plant sale. How are y'all pricing your quarts and gallon perennials? And what about special things like fastigiate willow and heirloom tomatoes?

Daryl