From: cathy carpenter [mailto: cathyc@rnet.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 22:28:08 -0500
Subject: Re: [CHAT] WEATHER!! Now tornados

It seems as if each part of the country has a potential catastrophe
at 06:44 PM, Kitty wrote:<br><br>> Tornadoes happen all around here, but
never right here - some old <br>> wives'<br>> tale about the 3 rivers
and our location on a summit. We can get some <br>> high<br>> winds but
never anything terribly devastating. Flood damage can be a<br>> problem
Message -----<br>> From: "james singer" <jsinger@igc.org><br>> To:
<gardenchat@hort.net><br>> Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2004 3:37 PM<br>>
for the federal prison system, I went to El Reno once<br>>> about a week
after a tornado had torn it apart. As a California kid, I<br>>> was
horrified by what I saw. I'd lived through earthquakes in<br>>>
California and a hurricane in Florida by then, but I'd never seen
such<br>>> damage before. Really scary. Just the thought of living there
gave me<br>>> the collywobbles. I don't know how you guys do
Bell wrote:<br>>><br>>>> Tornadoes - not in our town, but close by. We
lost a BIG Pin Oak in <br>>>> our<br>>>> yard, hail, heavy rain and
winds. My iris were just beginning to <br>>>> bloom<br>>>> and my bridal
bouquet spirea was heavy with flowers...now they look<br>>>> pitiful.
Another storm is supposed to move in tonight. Only a true<br>>>>
gardener would lay awake at night praying for your gardens to be<br>>>>
spared...but you know, after waiting all winter long for some color
Support hort.net -- join the hort.net fund drive!<br>>>>

Support hort.net -- join the hort.net fund drive!<br>>>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com