From: F M Ferrari [mailto: fm4re@swbell.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 14:24:22 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [CHAT] WEATHER!! Now tornados

Oh Jim, you need to be here during the midst of it! The media tracks
the<br>storms and gives a play-by-play detail of where it's heading.
Last<br>Wednesday we were still at work and especially got concerned
when the<br>storm center was heading to the intersection that houses the
the size of golf balls and it knocked off all<br>the "whirly whig"
things from my maple tree in the back. Some roads in<br>the northeast of
the city looked like slush from a winter storm! But,<br>those tornadoes
singer <jsinger@igc.org> wrote:<br>When I worked for the federal prison
system, I went to El Reno once <br>about a week after a tornado had torn
it apart. As a California kid, I <br>was horrified by what I saw. I'd
lived through earthquakes in <br>California and a hurricane in Florida
by then, but I'd never seen such <br>damage before. Really scary. Just
the thought of living there gave me <br>the collywobbles. I don't know
Jesse Bell wrote:<br><br>> Tornadoes - not in our town, but close by. We
lost a BIG Pin Oak in our<br>> yard, hail, heavy rain and winds. My iris
were just beginning to bloom<br>> and my bridal bouquet spirea was heavy
with flowers...now they look<br>> pitiful. Another storm is supposed to
move in tonight. Only a true<br>> gardener would lay awake at night
praying for your gardens to be<br>> spared...but you know, after waiting
all winter long for some color and<br>> life...it just hurts to watch
your plants and flowers be destroyed in<br>> seconds

Jim<br>Southwest Florida<br>Zone
hort.net -- join the hort.net fund dri

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com