Re: Re:Vibes & cuttings

> From: Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net>
> Thanks Marge.  Good to know about the earlier flowering of this
Vibe.  My MG
> Nursery group just tried cuttings as a group endeavor last year,
but we
> waited until pretty late in the season.  I think one key to success
might be
> getting an earlier start so the cuttings have the most available
root system
> going into winter.  We'll try various shrubs and techniques this
year.  I
> got everyone one Rooter Pot to try airlayering, too.

You're welcome, Kitty.  Check on Dirr regarding prime time to take
woody cuttings; they differ.  Some Viburnums are easy and some are
not.  If you can get them earlier, I agree, having a good root system
going into winter is a good plan.  I keep my babies in the
greenhouse, but if that is not available, they need all the head
start they can get!

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Battling Bambi