Re: shade/bog gardening

Marge: I'll get together with my friend this week and see about getting
that dry well done asap as you suggested. And FWIW, I don't blame the
neighbor at all...I think he's been very patient in all of this. As for
the new garden under the lilacs, it's a project we're planning on
involving our little Brownie scouts in...many of them live in apartment
complexes and don't have a chance to do any gardening at all, so they
are all excited about having a place to do this...Steve's yard will
become kind of their collective garden. Last year we started a bird
sanctuary out there and they loved doing that little project. They also
love to help maintain their school's wildflower/wildlife ravine
habitat...a big, deep gully with a small stream really that many years
ago the Master Gardener's in our county helped the school/PTO transform
from a ditch full of garbage into a walking trail/nature habitat. It is
extensively used by the school and lots of groups help to maintain
it...this is a favorite activity for our brownies and very convenient
since it is right across the street from Steve's house where we meet on
Thursdays.

Anyway, your advice/knowledge has been invaluable and I really appreciate your help.

Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

--Albert Einstein