hort.net Seasonal photo, (c) 2006 Christopher P. Lindsey, All Rights Reserved: do not copy
articles | gallery of plants | blog | tech blog | plant profiles | patents | mailing lists | top stories | links | shorturl service | tom clothier's archive0
Gallery of Plants
Tech Blog
Plant Profiles
Mailing Lists
    Search ALL lists
    Search help
    Subscription info
Top Stories
sHORTurl service
Tom Clothier's Archive
 Top Stories
New Trillium species discovered

Disease could hit Britain's trees hard

Ten of the best snowdrop cultivars

Plant protein database helps identify plant gene functions

Dendroclimatologists record history through trees

Potato beetle could be thwarted through gene manipulation

Hawaii expands coffee farm quarantine

Study explains flower petal loss

RSS story archive

Re: shade/bog gardening

I think we discussed this before. In this part of the world, the difference between a drywell and a French drain is orientation. What we call a French drain is a ditch filled with gravel; what we call a drywell is a hole filled with gravel. The former is essentially lateral; the latter, essentially vertical.

On Tuesday, April 27, 2004, at 12:50 AM, Marge Talt wrote:

From: Cersgarden@aol.com
Is a drywell & french drain the same?

Basically, yes; there may be some difference, but I sure don't know
what it is; may just be semantics from diff. parts of the country.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Battling Bambi
Complete Index of Articles by Category and Date
All Suite101.com garden topics :

Support hort.net -- join the hort.net fund drive!

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
Zone 10

Support hort.net -- join the hort.net fund drive!

Other Mailing lists | Author Index | Date Index | Subject Index | Thread Index

 © 1995-2017 Mallorn Computing, Inc.All Rights Reserved.
Our Privacy Statement