Rain, sweet rain

It's here. At last. Came as I was on my way home from the nursery this afternoon

Sky was grey, overcast, when I left the building--the kind of weather where you think you feel sprinkles but are never quite sure. Cool, prickly skin.

By the time I got a mile down the road to the east-west artery that meanders toward the plantation, it was pouring. And when I got home--7 miles further into the heart of the storm--the water was a foot deep on some of the streets.

It's now 2 hours later. It's still raining. A gentle, gentle trickle. The brave cat [Beans] yowls to go out, but won't leave the shelter of the doorway when I open the door for her.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
Zone 10