Re: WEATHER!! Now tornados

In a message dated 4/28/04 11:35:09 PM, mhobertm@excite.com writes:

<<  Our sirens are a county wide system,
which means that if a tornado is sighted anywhere within the entire
county, all sirens in all communities go off. >>

Melody, our sirens are just for our community of Johnston however Urbandale
is very close.  Close enough that we can hear their sirens also.  These sirens
are tested the first Sat of each month at 1 pm or maybe it is 12 pm.  Fire
sirens are only heard from the traveling fire trucks.  They contacted by radio.
The weather doppler is within Johnston city limits.