Re: shade/bog gardening

Took me a while, but here are some suggestions for wet shade:
Aruncus dioicus (Goat's Beard)
Filipendula ulmaria
Hosta sieboldiana (could experiment with some of the others as well)
Lobelias, especially syphilitica
Lysimachia nummularia
Matteuccia struthiopteris (Ostrich fern)
Onoclea sensibilis (Sensitive fern)
Osmunda regalis (Royal fern)
Rheum palmatum (Chinese ornamental rhubarb)
Rodgersia aesculifolia
(These last two may get bigger than is wanted, and also may not prove as hardy if you are pushing a z4)
Hope this helps!