RE: birdseed, raccoons

I should have said tub WATER garden!  I love to bring these huge snails
indoors in the winter for my fish tanks.  They are fascinating to watch and
sometimes I get to see them lay eggs if the conditions are right.

I never had an over abundance of snails outdoors until I invited them in!
Such ignorance!  I actually thought it was cool that one of my co-workers
had snails that lived in her garden! I was young and stupid!  So, when I
found a snail or two on a plant, I carefully put them safely in my garden! I
have yet to kill one, but this year I'm putting out slug bait.  :<(.  I
don't like to kill bugs, but I'm no longer tolerant of spiders in the house
either.  I toss some of them outdoors, but I have to admit that I've gone
after them with the vacuum! Oh, I've become so heartless!  It still bothers
me a lot!

Long Island, NY
Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)