Re: Well, today...

Looks like another lost gardening weekend here.  We got 2.2 inches of rain in
the last 36 hours, on top of 2" during the week, on top of 3" last Friday.
Today it cloudy and very windy - supposed to have 25-35 mile an hour winds all
day; it's 39 degrees now and raw.  The gardens are too waterlogged to work the
soil, though I may go out and pull some weeds anyway if I have time later this
afternoon.  I have 2 bare root acquisitions that need to get into pots, so
that'll probably end up being my gardening for the weekend.  Did get out to
walk around on Friday, and see  some new growth at the base of many perennials.
 Encouraging!

The only place on our property that's flat is 6 feet on the uphill side of the
house, which helps with drainage.

The daffodils and dutch iris are blooming, and some of my chionodoxa (glory of
the snow) did survive critters and damp - they just started blooming yesterday
which is very late for them.  I love those little blue stars, though.

And I have lots of cleaning to do inside - we are having replacement windows
put in in a few weeks and the 6' clearance they request around all windows
requires some attention in a few rooms...

Libby
Maryland zone 6