Re: Well, today...

Well.. yesterday now...
I got up early and headed for a garden center about hours drive from here. Cold, rainy, high winds and generally miserable. No work outside... and suppose that turned out to be OK. I gave a slide presentation and lecture at the garden center on Hellebores and Garden Companions. It was free to the public and an opener for the garden center as they just started carrying hellebores. Had a pretty decent turn out for the presentation considering the general public is still not all that aware of hellebores or the fact that there are plants that bloom in the winter time.
I was given the tour of all the new goodies that had come in thus far at the center ... they are real big on landscaping and lots of trees and shrubs.... I actually managed to come home without a van full... did not purchase a single plant. I am very proud of me... now I may go back after I think about a few of them a bit more, see if I can find a spot for some new shrubs.....
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

----- Original Message ----- From: "A A HODGES" <hodgesaa@earthlink.net>
The only thing I managed to do today was spend too much money and eat too
much. As it was in Florida, it was rainy this morning (STORMS) and then it
cleared up but a north wind blew in at about a thousand miles an hour.
Seriously, it made being outside almost miserable. However, not so
miserable that I couldn't go out to lunch and eat fried shrimp, and then go
to several nurseries. I did manage to come have with a Lady Slipper (my
first) and a new glazed container and several other items that I didn't'
really need. But I love my orchid....and my pot.

Andrea H
Beaufort, SC