Re: native plants

My take on this is a bit contrary. I think she should definitely go and dig. But I don't think she should waste her time with natives--after all, if they're native they're native. What she should be looking for are exotics--things the woman brought into her environment because she loved and cherished them. Finding some cool heirloom roses or hydrangeas is much more exciting than finding yet another Cornus florida.