Re: Supper

Wish I were there. You all are having my very favorite meal.
To: "Chat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2005 4:27 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Supper

Got some things done today but not all we'd planned. Transplanted a Chinese fan palm into a larger pot, planted cosmos [pink, lavender, white] in another large pot, started some cuttings of the prostrate rosemary, misted the orchids, refreshed the --breeze is still too chilly to take off the flannel shirt and really do some work.

Best part of the day will be supper--sliced tomatoes from the garden, layered with sliced, sweet white onions from Mexico and fresh mozzarella from the local Italian market, garnished with basil from Ms Fatma's perpetual basil garden, and dressed with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. It's summer fare, so no matter the real weather, the virtual weather will be very enjoyable.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10