Re: Supper

Roma makes good salsa as well as sauce. And canned whole, they are very good.

On Apr 4, 2005, at 9:18 AM, Donna wrote:

I have never favored Roma for eating fresh, but there
is not a better one for spagetti sauce or stewed
tomatoes. I usually grow Roma for canning and Big Boy
for eating :)

Donna

We have two tomato plants [not counting about 20
wild tomatoes]--one is
a "Better Boy"; the other is a "Better Bush." We
chose them because
they were the only two varieties available at HD on
the day we decided
to plant them. The "Better Boy" is the better of the
two. It has, thus
far, produced 20 or so fruits and shows no sign of
letting up. The
"Better Bush" has produced about five fruits and
seems to be developing
some reluctance to producing many more. It currently
has three or four
green fruits and when these ripen, I think I'll rip
it out and replace
it with whatever HD has at that time. I'd like to
replace it with a
"Roma." But whatever we end up with, they will all
quit flowering when
the nights warm up in late May or June, but may
produce a second crop
in the fall [the wild ones do, so maybe the tame
ones will too].

On Apr 3, 2005, at 10:00 PM, Christopher P. Lindsey