To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2005 6:23 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Well, today.../ Midwest Gardening

Hello Donna,
I, too, knew about Midwest gardening going to hit the stands for some time before it actually happened. I contacted Greg and Sue, actually made a point to introduce myself at a conference where Greg was speaking. Wanted to get in on writing an article and/or supplying slides. After all I do garden in the middle of the area the magazine covers. Reaction has been quite cool and no follow-up contacts from them, so at this point does not look as though they are interested in paying outsiders. .. or they have plenty lined up for some time to come. They do call and want me to advertise in the magazine.
I heard him make a comment about Midwest Gardening going to be a "man's " magazine without all the frilliest and fluff, more substance.... thus far looks as though someone else has a voice in the publication. I have not subscribed as of yet. Not different enough to warrant another subscription coming to the mailbox.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

Interesting that they were passing out Midwest gardening magazine, but it
doesn't surprise me. Greg and Sue have always promoted their products this
way. This magazine was a long time in coming to print. It was originally
promoted over a year ago. I have known Greg and Sue for ages as they owned a
local nursery near me called Crystal Palace Perennials.