Re: Spring sprang sprung -> Iris

They are cold hardy, but from what I've read, require dry, not
wet...some species in this group are more sensitive to wet than
others.  John Lonsdale grows them in dry summer sand beds in PA.  All
need excellent drainage - mostly for rock gardens, not the open
garden.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Shadyside Garden Designs
Current Article: Until April 11

> From: Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net>
>
> Both times I planted in fall - nothing in spring.  First was from
Russell