Re: Subject: RE: Raccoon

> Yum is right, Chris. Out with the recipes.
>
> >Mardi
> >...who wants to know about the chick peas in a curry simmer sauce with
> >golden raisins, served on garlic flatbread with a yogurt/coconut mix.
> >Yum!  (Amateur chef wanna-be!)

OK, but you guys are going to be disappointed.  :)  It's not nearly as
complicated as you think (although I usually like to make my own stuff
instead of using canned, but this is a quickie recipe):

   One can chick peas
   1/2 jar curry simmer sauce
   One handful golden raisins (I have big hands)
   1/2 cup plain yogurt
   One cup unsweetened shredded coconut
   One package crispy, thin, garlic-flavored cracker/flatbread

   Saute the chick peas until hot (the peas will start bursting like
   popcorn).  Pour in simmer sauce, and sprinkle golden raisins in.
   Simmer until raisins are plump (about five minutes), stirring
   every once in a while.

   In the meantime, take yogurt and stir in dry unsweetened coconut
   until it's 'chunky'.

   Eat the whole mess by spooning chick peas/sauce onto flatbread,
   then topping with a dollop of yogurt.  Cram the whole mess into
   your mouth.  :)

It's just something I thought of while shopping and the ingredients seemed
to go well together.  It's also a lot of fun to eat if you have friends
over.

If you don't like it as spicy you can add coconut milk to the sauce.  You
can also prepare your own curry simmer sauce if you have time, but this is
my 'fast food' version (takes about ten minutes).  I usually buy my simmer
sauce at Trader Joe's, but there are other brands out there.

Last night they had some really good-looking new purple potatoes at the
store as well as brussel sprouts.  I'll probably quarter the brussel
sprouts and potatoes, then saute them in butter/olive oil with some garlic.
It'll be a colorful side to the pork roast I'm preparing tomorrow.

Chris