Cloning Machines

Chris - I have noticed that most messages are coming through very fast
lately.  However, I sent this an hour and a half ago, but it hasn't come
through on 2 lists including chat, but did make it through on 2 other lists.
So I'll try Chat again without cross-posting.  Sorry if anyone receives

I was just looking through Charley's Greenhouse catalog and they now offer
Cloning Machines. I guess I'd heard of cloning but never thought of it as
being a system available to the home user.  But they do have a small one
that handles 8 cuttings.  Says: "the process involves continuous spraying of
a cloning solution (root growth stimulant) onto your stem, root or leaf
cutting...process is highly effective.  Roots appear in 3 to 10 days and
cuttings ready for transplant in 7-21 days with a healthy, well-developed
root system....Practical, easy to use design with true aeroponic
(oxygen-rich) mist application to ensure fast rooting and optimum results."
Has anyone seen these units?  anyone used anything like this?  (if you have
a Charley's catalog, it is on page 81)  I can't access their website from
here but the salesperson says the website has more detailed info.

I realize simple cuttings done the old fashioned way are a lot cheaper, but
I'm not always successful at it - more failures than successes.  Those that
do take don't have a really good root system and it's easy to lose them over
the first winter.  I plan to try a different rooting medium this season in a
closed container which has been ultra successful for tender perennials; I'd
like to see if it will work for woodies.  If it doesn't do well, I'm
thinking about a cloning unit.

Any input would be appreciated.
(cross-posting in the hopes of getting any response)