Re: Cloning Machines

Jim and Ceres,
I've understood the same thing about roots developed in water, but I somehow
felt that they adjusted well if moved to a soil or soilless medium when not
very long.  Those I grow in 1:1 vermiculite/perlite are sort of just propped
up by the medium and are pretty much growing in the  moisture, so not that
much different.  In either case, I try to pot up when rooted, but before
they get long roots.

As to sunlight, the machine could sit outside.

The unit I was looking at was $80 and all the magic elixir and miracle
fungicides come with it.  Refills are available; the unit uses an ounce for
a mix and the mix can be reused.

Jim, I appreciate your view, but you have the magic touch, not to mention
the magic environment.  As I said before, I'm not that good at cuttings and
I have a short season.  If they don't take, I can't just take another set.
If these actually are ready to pot in under 21 days, I could do three runs
in a season.  and if they all take, I am way ahead.

However, I'm not going to get one this season.  I'm just looking it over.
Charley's tends to price high so I might find one for less.  I'm going to
try woody cuttings in the 1:1 v/p mix I mentioned in a plastic box that has
worked so well for perennials first rather than the peat/perlite I've been
using for woodies.

I just wanted to know if anyone had seen/used one of these machines before.
It could just be smoke and mirrors, but it's possible it could do a much
better job than I've been doing.