Vegetable garden

First couple of years here at the plantation, we tried to grow a few vegetables. Universally miserable results, except for an excellent bed of bok choy. So we generally abandoned the idea; a few of the plants we started with--notably, bird, Thai devil, and cayenne peppers--survived in spite of us and lived on for several years.

This year we decided to try it again. Only, now, our garden plot consists of four 30-gallon nursery pots under automatic irrigation. And, much to our surprise, it seems to be working. So much so that we're talking about adding more pots in the fall and building cages of small-animal wire for the pots with tomatoes to keep them from sprawling over everything else.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10