Re: Rich/Peonies

Answer is "D", Cathy.
all of the below... you do want to pull a bit of the soil back so you can see what you are up to, take a good sharp knife and cut the suckers off right at the main root. you can tell the difference in foliage with no problems.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

Speaking of peonies, I have a tree peony that may be sending up suckers from the (herbaceous) roots. How can I tell (look at the leaf shape when they unfurl)? And what do I do about it - simply cut them off?
Cathy