Re: Iris & cyclamen

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] Iris & cyclamen
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 16:16:46 -0600

It's early yet.  I have frequently thought something died becuase I was
impatient.  That's one of the good things about having early risers like
bloodroot, cyclamen, anemones- something to focus on while waiting.

speaking of which....my cyclamen are starting their 3rd year and they're
still pretty sparse.  While removing some leaves to get a better look, I
found a tuber right on the surface.  I would guess it had been heaved.  I
thought to push it back in, but as I felt resistance, I was afraid to tear
the roots, stems that had developed while at this position.  When's the
right time to replant?  After they're done blooming?  I've heard stories of
chippies and squirrels running off with them so I don't like leaving it
unprotected.

Kitty