Re: Booze

:>)

On Apr 8, 2005, at 3:42 PM, Zemuly Sanders wrote:

If the cherries have been marinated for 6 months in 150 proof alcohol, will it really matter what they taste like?
zem
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2005 11:50 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Booze

We have a Surinam cherry bush that is loaded with fruit right now. Ms. Fatma took a dish of them to school this morning--with some seeds, some seedlings with what's left of the seed still attached, and a 3-gallon plant that we grew from a seed. Botany lesson for 4-year-olds.

After I picked about 60 fruits this morning for her class, I picked another 20 or so for me, pitted them, and put them in a pint jar of 150 proof grain alcohol. I have no idea what it will taste like in 6 months or so, but should be fun to find out.