Re: Raccoon

In a message dated 04/04/2005 11:17:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
hodgesaa@earthlink.net writes:
Ah, people after my own heart......
except the raw oyster part. I will eat them steamed, slathered in cocktail
sauce and Tabasco (as long as someone shucks them for me)

And nothing like fried gator tail. However, I do draw the line at sucking
crawfish heads. But when they are shelled and served over rice and sauce.
YUM! They taste like tiny little lobsters.
Catching up on a week of emails here:
I don't eat the oysters raw, either - I don't think they would go down -
but there are many good ways to cook them.  I am reminded that
in the dark ages when I was a teen-ager in the Florida panhandle,
we used to think a great party was a bushel of oysters ($5.00 - we
all chipped in a bit) roasted on an outdoor grill in the town park,
followed by a freezer of peach or banana ice-cream.  We girls
would sit on the freezer while the boys cranked.  Don't think I have
had anything that good since.

But the best meal I ever remember was about ten years ago in a
small town in Louisiana near the Sabine National Wildlife Refuge.
Crayfish etuffe (with an accent).  Grubby little hole-in-the-wall
place, but the food was exceptional.