Re: Quiet day

Chris, don't forget to tell me again how to donate to hort.net. I know it's been a year since I gave anything, and I sure also the upgrades are not with some cost to you.
zem
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, April 09, 2005 9:15 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Quiet day

Uncharacteristically so. Must be nice weather everywhere. Beautiful
here. High about 80 [it's 75 now]; humidity at 53 percent. Clear blue
sky. Soft breeze.
I'm going to take the blame for that. Not the nice weather, but the quiet.
I've been playing with the servers this weekend and email's been stopping
and going. Mostly stopping. :)

Here's the status of things so far. The memory in the mail server has now
been increased, so some things like the virus scanner should be faster.

I've added another 500 gigabytes of disk to the main server -- this will
act as a backup for everything and also as a temporary staging area while
I switch things around.

Once we're running off of the 500 gigabytes of disk (maybe tonight if I
feel lucky) I can add the other six 250 gigabyte disks to the server and
start configuring the RAID.

So ultimately we will have 1 terabyte of disk space for all of the
Mallorn stuff (most of which is hort.net). There will be two disks
configured to automatically install themselves if any other disks fail.
All of the critical data will be backed up nightly to the original 500
gigabytes of disk as well 'just in case.

Hopefully it should all be done in the next week or so! Then I just have
to start creating the user accounts and software stuff so that people can
upload images and everything!

Chris

P.S. I put a few hours into the tinyurl type thing at hort.net and it's
coming along fine.