Re: Quiet day

> I've added another 500 gigabytes of disk to the main server -- this will
> act as a backup for everything and also as a temporary staging area while
> I switch things around.
>
> Once we're running off of the 500 gigabytes of disk (maybe tonight if I
> feel lucky) I can add the other six 250 gigabyte disks to the server and
> start configuring the RAID.

Update!

We're now running off of one 250GB disk with another 250GB disk taking
'snapshots' of the system every few hours.

At this stage in the upgrade things are at their most vulnerable and
slowest (but definitely useable), and now I can start playing with
the RAID at my leisure (probably not tonight).

If everything's ready by tomorrow night we might be running on the RAID
(which will also be much faster) by Monday morning.

Chris