today in zone 5....

Came in for a lunch break..... amazing what is happening in my gardens since
this is zone 5 and April 10th!

Although I don't have many spring plants, so not much is blooming. But got
lotsa things showing signs of life, which is really a bad thing since we are
not done with cold weather here.

I had planted a William Baffin rose last fall. IT survived! Already budding
out but noticed (since yes, this heaved slightly too) that it has sprouts
coming from the root system... Ok rose folks... what do I do?!? Clip them
off? Let them grow? Had the plant not heaved slightly, I would not be seeing
this for awhile.... so?

I have a lot of heaving here, so been pushing things back down. The soil is
moist and very pliable at the moment. Clearing out the broad leaf weeds and
grass that in the back bed. Boy is it easy to do at this time of year (Every
other year I was involved in some club function and never got to my garden!)

Well I guess it is time to get back outside...break is over :)

Who is going to be very sore tonight!