Re: need your thoughts on some plants please.

The only plants we have interest in here that are victims of "NEWER, BETTER" marketing ploys are caladiums and tomatoes. Unless I'm forgetting some--a distinct possibility--I can't think of any others that have new models, even every four or five years.

And I agree with Ceres, "new is not necessarily better" for these two plants at least, and I'll take it one observation farther--the new introductions may not even be as good as what we now have or had last year. I don't think it's always sentimentality that prods us to prefer heirlooms; sometimes it's performance.