Re: This weekend (was RE: Quiet day)

What kind of lamb do you have Cyndi? I love bottle feeding the baby
goats we have. They are just so sweet. I have four I'm bottle feeding
right now (goats that is..not sheep).

Jess

Johnson Cyndi D Civ AFFTC/ITSR <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil> wrote:
Saturday was semi unpleasant with high winds (30mph) but at least it wasn't
cloudy. I worked in the vegetable garden pulling up all the grass I didn't
get to over the last couple months. Sunday was very nice indeed. I did a
short hike in the morning - we are starting at 7 am now to avoid any
rattlesnake encounters - and then I got the rest of the veggie garden
rototilled, planted seeds for green beans, melons, cucumbers, and zucchini
as well as one bed with cilantro, dill, basil, and parsley. I started moving
plants out of the greenhouse onto the patio but my hand cart is elsewhere,
so most of that has to wait. And yes, I too got sunburned.
But I confess I did not get as much done as I could have. This is usually
true but I have an excuse this time. Sunday was really nice weather. My
backyard behind the vegetable garden is this veritable carpet of flowers,
probably almost an acre of solid yellow interspersed with orange poppies.
And we have this baby lamb that needs to be fed with a bottle. So while I
was out in the garden the lamb could see me and was crying for "mom". I
thought to myself, if I just go out and sit for a while the lamb will be
quiet. So I did. I sat in the sunshine with all these flowers just glowing
around me, a sleeping lamb, and the occasional ladybug crawling by. There
were a few bees buzzing around too. And while I was thinking about all the
work not getting done I also thought, how often do you get a day like this?
So I was idle for a few hours. It was great.

Cyndi