Re: Booze

Ok-  I am a woman of my word, so went to the local BevMo (Beverages &
More, for those of you who don't know what they are) and sure enough
they did have naVan.  Your price range was exactly correct $42 for a 750
ml bottle.  And the verdict is.....you are correct Chris.  It is a
wonderful flavor and whom ever thought to mix vanilla (REAL vanilla)
with cognac was brilliant.  I am sitting here happily sipping it as I
type.  I do think it is important to note, that to like naVan, one would
definitely have to like cognac in general.  I wouldn't imagine someone
liking it who didn't enjoy good cognac.  Fortunately- I do enjoy it.
And I feel compelled to help Chris feel less like the chatlist lush.
While in the store I was also looking at the Ouzo- and thougt that there
was something different looking about the Metaxa Ouzo bottle.  There
were several Ouzo choices, so I asked a very knowledgable employee there
(Fred) for his recommendation.  He did recommend the Metaxa, so I asked
him if they changed the bottle- the answer was yes.  Here's the scary
part-  I haven't bought a bottle of Ouzo in ages- like since college.  I
remembered what the bottle and label looked like from when I worked at a
DutyFree store during undergrad school (that would have been from
1985-89).  How's that for a useless bit of trivia I maintained in my
brain! (P.S. Kahlua is the hardest liquor to clean out of a rug, and 151
rum will peel the paint off of a cement floor and clean it to the point
you could eat off of it).

Thanks for recommending the naVan!