From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of A A HODGES
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2005 8:37 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] Beaufort update

Thank you my dear, I got another cortisone shot in the back today. OW.
He stuck the needle in farther this time. I'm back to physical therapy
starting Friday night. I'm keeping my appt with the neurologist on the
19th though.

I'm thoroughly enjoying my orchids, I repotted all of them this weekend
and the Vanda is just beautiful. I love walking out on my porch and
seeing it hanging there. I'll try to remember to get a picture. On a
nice note, when I got home the yard guys were here, so the front looks
great (I won't let them in the back, too many things to weed eat)  The
only horrible moment came when one of them "weed-eated" my $25 Buttons
and Bows Hydrangea that I ordered from Wayside this year. I though I was
going to cry. I picked up all the little pieces and am trying to root
them. There are some green shoots left in the ground but who knows if it
will survive.

Anyway, my friend Claudia came over as her husband is out of town and
planted all my Dahlias for me. She'll be back this week to plant some
more things. I can plant stuff as long as I can use a spade, no
shoveling and can sit to do it. She also came and cleaned my house for
me while I was out of town on Saturday. I feel like an invalid!

Stuff is coming up all over so at least I get to watch all the new
things growing! I can toddle around the yard and see stuff, just no
bending, stooping, squatting, digging, or anything else. ARGH!

Andrea H
Beaufort, SC

it's almost black. Donna had asked me which one it was.