Re: New orchids

In a message dated 4/11/05 8:29:55 PM, lindsey@mallorn.com writes:

<< I knew someone who had similar surgery around 30.  >>

My husband had his first of four back surgeries at age 32 and his last 22 yrs
later.  His neuro surgeon has since retired so he says he can't have any
more.  But like all four times when you are at the point you can't walk, you have
few options.  He could not believe how much improved his last surgery was then
the previous as methods are so much better.  It took longer for the spot on
his hip (took tissue to pad nerves) to mend that the back.  His first time
around he was flat in bed in the hospital for 6 wks in traction.  Thank goodness
that is no longer used.  His problem area is L4 & 5 & the most common area.