Re: Beans talk

Never been able to understand that--turning them out, dumping them by the side of the road, going off and leaving them behind. Sounds like the same heart-warming people who cut head-start funding to me.

On Apr 12, 2005, at 5:40 PM, Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center wrote:

Woody is a pale-orange, longish-haired tabby the spends the winter in my
Florida room. His owner died and her son turned him out. The poor guy has
been fending for himself for the past few years, but I believe someone
besides me has been helping him out. He's gone through so many fights
over the years (not fixed) that he has a huge amount of scar tissue around
his jaws - along with the fur it triples the size of his face. So when he
drinks from the birdbath or his bowl, the whole lower portion of his face
gets darkly wet. The first time I saw him like that I thought he'd been
hurt. - nope, just wet.

Kitty

----- Original Message -----
From: "james singer" <islandjim1@verizon.net>
To: "Chat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 12:51 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Beans talk

Sometimes you just gotta listen to the animals, you know? I was outside
planting a recently rediscovered grumichama and Beans came out and
started talking to me. It seemed like it was important, so I made a
move toward the house and she trotted ahead, like she expected me to
follow. I didn't want to disappoint her, so I did follow. She beat me
inside by 20 seconds or so, but when I got into the kitchen, there she
was sitting beside her empty water bowl. And talking... actually giving
me what for.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W