Re: Upward & Onward

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] Upward & Onward
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 17:04:51 -0600

> iris in it. The iris have now maxed out the box, so we need to remove
> the box, divide the iris, and start all over again. It's always
> something.

Jim, with a year-round growing season and so many plants that so readily
multiply, what do you do with the excess?  I realize you relocate your extra
orchids by tying them to trees, but what about things like this Iris?  Do
you give them away or compost?  or something else?  Part of the reason I'm
able to have my plant sale is that I don't like to compost something that
really wants to live.  I figure someone will want it - even tawny
daylilies - and they do sell.  But my growing season is mauch shorter than
yours and iffy items are more likely to fail than flourish.  If I had an
environment like yours, I'd be potting non-stop and running out of room and
having a sale every month.  I don't know that I could keep up with it.  So
where do you draw the line?  What gets trashed?

Kitty