Re: Gourds

Thanks, Auralie. Old panty-hose we've got. It's my favorite plant tie.

On Apr 12, 2005, at 6:21 PM, Aplfgcnys@aol.com wrote:

I've never grown one in a pot, Jim, so can't give you definite advice
there.  I can't see why it wouldn't work if you have room.  But it will
definitely need something to climb on.  If you want the gourds to
have nice, straight necks, they have to hang down. Otherwise they
will be contorted.  It is sometimes necessary to give them some
support if they grow very large - like looping a piece of something
soft like old panty-hose (I'm sure Ms Fatma can help you there)
around it .

In a message dated 04/12/2005 5:37:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time,