Re: Lily beetle

I forgot to mention that by the end of summer I was quite adept at
catching the adults which will lay 150/ 175 eggs in a very short time. I
would harvest them only early morning & late evening while still light
for they become very lethargic in cold & simply drop off as opposed to
flying off . I devised a piece of white poster board with a slit cut
into it &  put it around the lilly & tapped it a few times to dislodge
any beetles on the stem. Where I had too many stems,  I would put a few
pieces on the ground & again tap the plant & collect them as they fell.
I have been doing the same with Japanese Beetles for a few years with a
lot of success.

ron