Re: questions on the morning....

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] questions on the morning....
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 10:09:34 -0600

Bloodroot, Sanguinaria canadensis is not particularly expensive.  It's the
double Bloodroot that can cost you; S.c. 'Multiplex', sometimes as much as
$25.  I got mine for $10 from Seneca.  I also bought what was sold as
regular bloodroot on eBay, but the flowers were very tiny, maybe a half inch
across; disappointing.  But I do have a nice patch of the regular blooming
now and the double looks like it might bloom today or tomorrow.  It has
multiplied fairly well.  Not ready for division yet, but looking good.