-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Johnson Cyndi D Civ AFFTC/ITSR
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2005 10:42 AM
To: 'gardenchat@hort.net'
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Beans talk

Nope, no fleas, no ticks. No japanese beetles. Very few mosquitoes.
Enough june bugs, squash bugs, tomato hornworms, and thrips to keep me
vigilant in the garden. Snails and slugs out front - no doubt imported
from some nursery
- but I don't transfer material from the front yard to the back, and
they can't cross the distance (too dry) so they haven't made it into my
vegetable garden.
Plenty of toads and gopher snakes, but I like them. Saw my first
rattlesnake of the season the other night, but it was a long way from my
house. Whew.

Cyndi