Re: Beans talk, fleas - now snakes

Saw a large eastern garter snake a couple of days ago!
Cathy
On Thursday, April 14, 2005, at 11:11 AM, james singer wrote:

I came home from shopping yesterday and there was a black snake sunning itself on the concrete driveway. First one I've seen this year. Glad it's around. We've also had a good sized rat snake hanging out here for the last few years, but I haven't seen it in awhile. They're handsome--the color of old gold.

On Apr 14, 2005, at 12:03 PM, Lynda Young wrote:

We saw our lovely milk snake Sunday. First sighting this year. Such a
pretty thing - glad he's made our stone walls his home.

Lynda
Zone 7 - West TN

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Johnson Cyndi D Civ AFFTC/ITSR
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2005 10:42 AM
To: 'gardenchat@hort.net'
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Beans talk

Nope, no fleas, no ticks. No japanese beetles. Very few mosquitoes.
Enough june bugs, squash bugs, tomato hornworms, and thrips to keep me
vigilant in the garden. Snails and slugs out front - no doubt imported
from some nursery
- but I don't transfer material from the front yard to the back, and
they can't cross the distance (too dry) so they haven't made it into my
vegetable garden.
Plenty of toads and gopher snakes, but I like them. Saw my first
rattlesnake of the season the other night, but it was a long way from my
house. Whew.

Cyndi