Re: Well, today.../Straw Gardening

I don't know... but it might. I remember seeing a video when I was first in Master Gardeners in Missouri. It was on the negatives of sawdust. If you think of it you never see a tree growing out of a huge pile of sawdust. I can't remember much of the video but I remember that it isn't like mulch.
zone 6b

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2005 5:58 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Well, today.../Straw Gardening

Would sawdust work?

Thanks, Tricia. I've got a spare garbage can. 45 gallon. I bought it
when we first moved here, only to have the garbage guys tell me 30
gallon was the upper limit.

Grass clippings is a good idea. I guess I could also haul the bucket to
the recycle place and fill it with mulch. Hmmmm. Other possibilities
come to mind--I've got a friend who has a horse; wonder what she does
the used bedding when she cleans out the stall? I'll have to ask.

On Apr 14, 2005, at 2:03 PM, pdickson wrote:

> Jim,
> I have grown them in old tires with straw but you could also use old
> grass clippings.
> Tricia
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "james singer"
> <islandjim1@verizon.net>