surprises in the garden.....

So what planting surprised you by returning after it's winter sleep?

I had a few things come back that were iffy when planted. My Hydrangea
macrophylla 'Variegata', Kniphofia uvaria 'Lola', and my newest surprise is
the boxwoods made it!

The boxwoods looked so BAD and knowing I planted them very late in the
season here, small ones in the garden railroad... I really thought they
didn't make it, but yesterdays viewing of the yard, they are green and
growing :)

Jury still out on many other plantings.....

Who planed on working in the garden today, but it is misting out now....
hope it blows over and doesn't turn to rain...