everybody sleeping?

It's been quiet this evening! Maybe everyone is just tired from being outside all weekend??

Well- this weekend my husband (with some help from me) managed to shovel about half of the pea gravel in our back area (one trailer full and seemingly about a ton of gravel). We have wanted to get rid of this forever- and a friend of his actually wanted the pea gravel and provided the trailer. We provided the muscle power- but hey, at least it is going away and for free! Next weekend we will get the trailer back again and hopefully finish the job. Then we can finally start thinking about putting something useable there (plan is to put in a pergola and flagstone patio underneath is).

I am happy to say that the rest of the SpectraLock grout for my bathroom finally came in- So I finished that project! yeah. Have to wait a week to let it cure and then I want to reseal the rocks again. In the meantime I put together the cabinet for that space and need to get some crown molding for the top of it. That will be next weekend's project, along with hanging the towel bars back up. I am quite please with how the whole thing came out! I'll take some picts after it is all put back together next weekend.

I also got around to rigging up a dripline from my back yard (attached a single line emitter under the corner sprinker head) down the side of the house to the water trough garden. The violas are much happier- they were getting rather wilty this week without water or rain recently. I also bought another 2 ft wide section of lattice to attached closer to the trough, so that the climbing rose in there can have something to grow up. I didn't get the lattice attached to the fence yet though- another project for next weekend.

I didn't manage to get to the nursery to get more green sand (I'm all out) or more ladybugs. But, I did spray my apple tree with neem (it has aphids), and I did paint it's trunk white before the sun gets too blazing hot! I also thinned some more peaches off of my miniature peach tree- and I'm sure I'll remove even more as they get larger.

I think that's all for this weekend's projects! The weather was perfect and everything is growing and blooming!

Theresa