From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Zemuly Sanders
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2005 6:35 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] todays issues in the garden......

Today I noticed my Black & Blue salvia is coming up all over the place
--
like all over the yard.  I dug it up and, voila, it travels by
underground
runners.  There were a whole bunch of them.  I just put those babies
back in
the bed where they belonged.  Can you imagine B&B being an invasive?  I
noticed, too, that my Phlomis fruticosa has multiplied by rooting
everwhere
the stems have come in contact with the ground.  It's blooms are
currently
opening.  In fact, everything is jumping up all over the place much
faster
than I can control it.  Oh, and the creepiest thing -- I'm finding
gazillions of tiny rose plants everywhere!  They are just like those we
call
'wild' with the little white blooms.  Anyway, I don't know where they
are
coming from, but they have taproots that reach to China.
zem
zone 7
West TN