From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of james singer
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 3:25 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Weather/Irrigation

Kitty, I've sort've come to believe that micro-sprayers are better for
every soil type. Emitters are great for pots [and bird baths] but too
limited for most other applications. There is also a laser-drilled
tubing [forget what it's called], a kind of weeping spaghetti hose,
that is great for row crops or, because it is spaghetti hose, wrapping
around plants and beds.

Cyndi, you might experiment with this laser-drilled stuff [HD has
it]--uses a lot less less water than the weeping hoses and puts the
water in the same place. I don't have row crops; I use it on my hedges.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10