Re: Fwd: Hofstra show

In a message dated 04/19/2005 9:30:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
gossiper@sbcglobal.net writes:
I always thought herbaceous meant non-woody. At first I thought bulbous
plants shouldn't be considered. But they really don't break it down farther
than woody and herbaceous.... and they do go dormant or die off to the root
system, they don't have secondary growth, but somehow it just doesn't seem

Can you make a bulbous section and avoid the problem?
That's what I always do - the usual practice - but this show didn't
do it that way.  I am evaluating the Horticulture Division for an award,
and don't know whether to consider this a fault or not.  I just don't
understand why they did it that way.