Re: Weather/Irrigation

I think I've suggested this before. Maybe not. Go to the plumbing section of Home Depot. Find the irrigation stuff. Among the irrigation parts and pieces, there is usually a pile of free 30-page pamphlets from DIG Corporation, "Wise Watering for Beautiful Landscape... Planning and Installation Guide." It may also be available on line at

It's a very good primer on micro irrigation devices and gadgets, what they do and how they're used. Of course, it's limited to DIG products--other national brands include RainBird [John Deere] and Toro--but it's a good place to start. And it's free.